2015 Yamaha YZ125
The Yamaha YZ125 is the ultimate adventurer being ready to tackle everything you throw at him without too much fuss. Its lightweight (209 lb wet), compact dimensions and sleek body help you maneuver it effortless on any type of track.
The motorcycle is built around a 124 cc, liquid - cooled, 2 - stroke engine which is mated on a constant-mesh 6-speed transmission with multiplate wet clutch.
The motorcycle is also fitted with a pair of light wheels which are wrapped in 80/100-21 MX52 front and 100/90-19 MX52 rear Dunlop tires.
The stopping power is handled by front and rear hydraulic single disc brakes.
For 2015, the motorcycle comes with a more aggressive style, the latest generator KYB Speed-Sensitive fork and a clutch lever position adjuster.
As far as prices are concerned, the Yamaha YZ125 can be yours for no less than $6,390.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha YZ125.
2015 Yamaha YZ125
Engine:Liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve inducted
Top Speed:70 mph (Est.)
The Legend Continues.
The YZ125 is the perfect transition from a YZ85 to a YZ250F. One ride and you will be amazed at the light handling and the simple fun the YZ125 provides.
Plus, that 2-stroke. Simplicity means low cost maintenance... a win-win for all the true moto fans out there.
2015 Yamaha YZ125 Key Features:
• Modern, aggressive styling, including new front fender, front number plate, radiator shrouds, side number plates, air box, rear fender, fork guards, as well as some technical changes to the rear sprocket, rear brake disc protector, and rear brake caliper protector and wider foot pegs just like the 4 strokes.
• A light aluminum frame housing an amazingly light and compact engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
• The YZ125 is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum handlebar, titanium foot pegs, and gripper seat.
• A pure motocross machine, the light and nimble YZ125 is the perfect choice for riders stepping up from the 85cc class.
• Ultra lightweight means nimble handling with less fatigue.
2015 Yamaha YZ125 Features and Benefits:
New for 2015:
• Modern, aggressive new styling for 2015 looks awesome.
• The latest generator KYB® Speed-Sensitive fork just like the 4-stroke machines has been added and provides industry leading performance.
• A clutch lever position adjuster is adopted to allow adjustments based on rider preferences and accommodates differing hand sizes.
• The latest Dunlop MX52® tires are used for the best off-road traction, performance and reliability.
• Amazingly compact 124cc reed-valve-inducted two-stroke helps produce an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
• Reed-valve spacer improves acceleration across the entire powerband.
• Patented YPVSTM power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
• Six-speed, close-ratio transmission optimizes gear ratios for maximum performance.
• Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration.
• Large-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with four louvers to deliver maximum cooling efficiency at all performance levels.
• Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the- fly adjustability.
• YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
• A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ125 the best handling in its class.
• Speed-Sensitive System 48mm KYB® fork; damping force is controlled by piston speed which provides a smoother, more precise ride with 11.8 inches of travel.
• Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
• Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features a steel shock spring and reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals. 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
• Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
• Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
• Special-design “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low aluminum handlebar all help create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
• Wide, cleated, folding titanium foot pegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
• Use of lightweight box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight for increased performance.
• Wide-diameter fuel tank cap for easier refueling.
• Repackable exhaust silencer.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve inducted|
|Bore x Stroke||54.0 x 54.5mm|
|Compression Ratio||8.6 10.7:1|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® TMX 38|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Speed-sensitive system inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Fully adjustable single shock; 12.4-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm|
|Tires / Front||80/100-21 MX52 Dunlop®|
|Tires / Rear||100/90-19 MX52 Dunlop®|
|L x W x H||84.1 x 32.6 x 51.0 in|
|Seat Height||38.4 in|
|Ground Clearance||14.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|Wet Weight||209 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Color Team||Yamaha Blue/White|