2015 Yamaha YZ85
Compact and light, yet agile and fast, the Yamaha YZ 85 promises to reward its rider with first class off road performances each time he wants to have some fun on two wheels.
Especially developed for young riders, the Yamaha YZ85 is propelled by a high performance, 2-stroke engine which is easy to maintain and is mated on a constant-Mesh 6-Speed transmission with multiplate wet clutch.
For 2015, the motorcycle receives a new style for the front fender, front number plate, radiator shroud and side number plates. The triple clamps and handlebars get a new color, while the air intake efficiency as well as intake/exhaust port timing have been revised.
For enhanced comfort it was added a convenient clutch lever reach adjuster and a new seat cover.
The Yamaha YZ85 can be yours for no less than $4,090.
2015 Yamaha YZ85
Engine:Liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
Top Speed:50 mph (Est.)
The Mini Racer of Choice For Future Champs.
The YZ85 is ready to race and features a high performance, 2-stroke engine for instant power and legendary Yamaha durability. Plus, that 2-stroke simplicity means low cost maintenance!
2015 Yamaha YZ85 Key Features:
• All-new aggressive styling for 2015 with a new front fender, number plate, radiator shroud and side number plates.
• Clutch lever reach adjuster to accommodate smaller hands for younger riders.
• Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed-valve-inducted six-speed is light, compact and designed to deliver hard-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the rpm range.
• Smooth-shifting, six-speed close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch delivers maximum hookup for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
• Ultra-rigid, single-backbone, semi-double-cradle frame is lightweight and strong for sharp handling.
• Fully adjustable suspension allows a broad adjustment range to suit everybody from rank novice to mini expert.
2015 Yamaha YZ85 Features and Benefits:
New for 2015:
• Enhanced styling for a new front fender, front number plate, radiator shroud and side number plates. New coloring on the triple clamps and handlebars mimics the styling of the big YZs.
• Improved air intake efficiency as well as intake/exhaust port timing has been revised for improved performance.
• Clutch lever reach adjuster added to accommodate rider preferences and varying hand sizes.
• New seat cover color and sharp new graphics.
• 85cc liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve-inducted, two-stroke engine inhales through a 28mm Keihin® flat-slide carburetor; seamless throttle response across the powerband is the result.
• Involute spline set-up in clutch means smoother shifting under power with great durability at competition-level usage.
• Two-piece clutch cover provides easy access during maintenance.
• Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers, and the water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
• Lightweight exhaust system design helps create a broader powerband with stronger low-end punch.
• Airbox design ensures greater air cleaning performance and easier maintenance.
• Rear subframe is removable to allow easy maintenance.
• Lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability, and low-friction outer tubes and internals.
• Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba® link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel and race-tested compression damping valving.
• 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc brakes with stainless steel rotors deliver strong, precise stopping power.
• Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
• Dunlop® knobbies provide great traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
• Wide handlebar and flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide rider with leverage and freedom of movement and weight transfer.
• Wide foot pegs provide superb comfort and grip.
• Separate clutch cover with transmission oil filler opening makes for easy maintenance.
• Fuel tank cap is wider for easier usage, and large tank opening ensures fast, hassle-free refueling.
• Repackable exhaust silencer.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted|
|Bore x Stroke||47.5 x 47.8mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Keihin® PWK 28|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 220mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 190mm|
|Tires / Front||70/100-17 Dunlop®|
|Tires / Rear||90/100-14 Dunlop®|
|L x W x H||71.7 x 29.8 x 45.7 in|
|Seat Height||34.0 in|
|Ground Clearance||13.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.3 gal|
|Wet Weight||157 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue/White|