Yamaha Midnight Warrior
by Simona, on
Nothing comes close to the unique style and the V-twin performance of the Warrior except the Midnight Edition, the all-black version of the four-time AMA Prostar drag racing champion.
- The four-time AMA ProStar Hot Rod Cruiser Class Drag Racing Champion returns, with even more style.
- Twin-bore fuel injection provides spot-on fuel delivery under all conditions.
- Rigid, light and strong aluminum frame, inverted 41mm fork and an adjustable link-type rear end provide near-sportbike handling. 200/50-ZR17 rear radial tire looks right and puts all that torque efficiently to pavement.
- Special Midnight Warrior rolls out in special black paint, black air cleaner, engine covers, exhaust.
- The industry standard for V-twin excellence features 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) displacement, pumping out asphalt-ripping torque and acceleration.
- Air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 48 degree cylinders with pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down; large cooling fins, ceramic composite bore plating and a one-piece head cover provide more efficient heat dissipation.
- Four-valve cylinder head design uses two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and more power at all RPM.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and lower maintenance needs.
- Forged pistons accommodate higher-RPM performance thanks to reduced reciprocating mass.
- Rare earth flywheel magnet for faster-revving power delivery and increased high-RPM durability.
- Twin-bore fuel injection with throttle position sensor (TPS), aspirated by free-breathing twin air cleaner system, ensures optimal fuel delivery, great throttle response and maximum power throughout the rev range.
- State-of-the-art electronic control unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3-D digital CD ignition mapping for each cylinder.
- High-performance 2-into-1 exhaust system features stainless steel headers and a massive muffler that boosts horsepower while putting out a throaty V-twin growl.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission features close-ratio gearing for excellent roll-on performance at all RPM.
- Smooth, low-maintenance belt drive system has a narrow-design belt that reduces unsprung weight for improved rear suspension performance.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy starting.
- Specially designed, class-exclusive, aluminum double-cradle frame and swingarm increases rigidity by 41% (over standard Road Star frame), for tremendous strength and durability.
- Super-rigid 41mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork in beefy, cast-aluminum triple clamps gives 5.3 inches of travel for exceptional sport-oriented performance.
- Link-type, preload and rebound adjustable single rear shock delivers outstanding rear-wheel tracking for precise handling and plush ride quality.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes and radial-mount four-piston calipers, and a 282mm rear disc combine for incredible, supersport-spec stopping power.
- Pulley design gets all that power to the back wheel with even more style.
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum five-spoke wheels wear low-profile, competition-spec 120/70-ZR18 front and a massive 200/50-ZR17 rear radial for awesome traction and cornering grip.
- Extra-long, 65.6-inch wheelbase and deep, plush saddle create added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features lustrous paint and chrome accents (air cleaner, air scoop, mirrors and more) to create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Two-piece saddle is wide and flat for excellent comfort.
- Digital headlight-mounted tachometer, odometer and dual tripmeters with triple clamp-mounted analog speedometer.
- LED taillight provides excellent visibility and very sano look.
- Braided stainless clutch and throttle cables.
- Extra-wide, 4.0-gallon fuel tank features low-fuel warning light and R1-type automatic fuel tripmeter.
- Fork lock integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
- $12,749 (Raven) Available from August 2006
- Type 102 cubic-inch (1670cc), pushrod OHV, air-cooled, 48-degree V-twin, 4-valve per cyclinder
- Bore x Stroke 97mm x 113mm
- Compression Ratio 8.3:1
- Ignition Digital TCI
- Final Drive Belt
- Transmission 5-speed, close-ratio, w/multi-plate wet clutch
- Fuel Delivery Twin-bore Fuel Injection, w/throttle position sensor
- Suspension/Front 41mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork, 5.3" travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, link-type w/adjustable preload and rebound damping; 4.3’ travel
- Brakes/Front Dual 298mm Discs
- Brakes/Rear 282mm Disc
- Tires/Front 120/70-ZR18 Radial
- Tires/Rear 200/50-ZR17 Radial
- Length 93.9"
- Width 36.8"
- Height 44.1"
- Seat Height 28.7"
- Ground Clearance 6.1"
- Wheelbase 65.6"
- Dry Weight 606 lb.
- Fuel Capacity 4 gal.
About the author