Garmin StreetPilot 2820
The StreetPilot 2820 integrates wireless technology with a microphone and speaker that lets you make hands-free calls on a compatible Bluetooth phone. Motorcyclists can connect a Bluetooth-enabled headset or helmet* simultaneously with a Bluetooth phone to the StreetPilot 2820 to talk hands-free on the road or receive wireless navigation audio prompts to their destination.
In addition, easily look-up and dial numbers from your personalized phone book or from your phone’s call history log. Don’t know the phone number for your destination? Simply find and dial it from the StreetPilot 2820’s extensive points of interest database — including hotels, restaurants, stores, and attractions.
Navigate with Ease
The StreetPilot 2820 comes ready to use out of the box with preloaded maps of Europe or North America. Simply enter a destination, and you’re automatically routed with turn-by-turn voice directions that speak street names. A fingertip touch screen interface, remote control, and 2D or 3D map perspective combined with the ability to arrange destinations to minimize trip distance make navigation easy. It also accepts customized points of interest (POIs) such as school zones, safety cameras, and LPG filling stations and includes proximity alerts to warn of upcoming POIs.
Avoid Traffic Tie-ups
Monitor traffic tie-ups with the addition of an optional FM TMC traffic receiver or XM smart antenna. By adding traffic services and a receiver/antenna to your SteetPilot 2820, it notifies you of accidents, road construction, and weather-related traffic delays before they are encountered, and then offers an alternate route. Simply touch the screen icon to calculate a new route. In addition to valuable traffic information, the GXM 30 and subscription to XM NavTraffic also provide basic weather information such as current conditions, forecasts, and Severe Weather Alerts.
Enjoy MP3, Audio Book Player and optional XM Radio
The StreetPilot 2820’s MP3 player, audio book player and optional XM Radio keep you entertained on the road. The MP3 player allows you to browse music by artist, album, and/or song. Optional audio books may be purchased from audible.com which features over 70,000 hours of audio programs. A subscription to XM Radio along with the GXM 30 smart antenna provide over 150 plus channels of commercial-free music, sports, news, talk and entertainment programming.
StreetPilot 2820 Features:
- Receiver: WAAS-enabled 12 parallel channel GPS
- Display: 3.3” W x 1.7” H (3.8” diag.), 454 x 240 pixels; bright, automotive-grade 64K color TFT with automatic dimming backlight and touch screen
- Unit dimensions: 5.6" W x 3.2" H x 2.0" D
- Weight: 0.91 pounds (411 g)
- Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling and navigation audio prompts
- Supports FM TMC traffic alerting
- XM NavTraffic capabilities
- Preloaded maps for all of North America or Europe
- Voice announces streets by name
- Look up addresses and points of interest
- Choose 2D or 3D map perspective
- Fingertip touch-screen interface and remote control
- Upload custom POIs, including alerts for speed zones, safety cams, and LPG filling stations
- Built-in MP3 and audio book player
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
- 2.5 mm microphone input & 3.5 mm stereo headphone/line-out jack
- Improved track log with 10,000 track log points