Tom Tom Rider
TomTom RIDER is a portable all-in-all navigation solution designed for motorbikes and scooters. With updated software, the new TomTom RIDER enables easy navigation throughout all of Western Europe, pre-installed on a SD card.
New for 2006 is an optional mounting kit that enables users to instantly transform the TomTom RIDER into an in-car navigation solution. Just fit the kit to the windscreen of the car, plug in, switch on and drive. The TomTom RIDER will automatically change its settings for use in the car and gives drivers full access to all software features.
“The updated TomTom RIDER shows our continued determination to produce high quality, portable navigation products that are created to fit the specific needs of motorbike and scooter riders” said Harold Goddijn, TomTom’s chief executive officer. “The expanded map data, updated software and new extra’s like TomTom HOME that makes managing and planning your route even easier, will complement any rider’s journey.”
- Designed for two wheels: TomTom RIDER is rugged, water resistant, fits both motorbikes and scooters and provides you even with clear spoken instructions in your helmet.
- Easy to use: drive mode tailored for simple touch-screen operation with gloves on.
- Door-to-door planning in your region: Find your way to any address in your region/country.
- Just plug in, switch on & RIDE: no installation or activation necessary.
- Integrated GPS receiver based on SiRF Star III with 20 Channel All-in-view tracking
- CPU: 380 MHz
- 32 MB RAM
- 3.5 inch, 320 x 240 TFT colour LCD touchscreen
- 115mm x 92mm x 58mm, 310 grams
- Internal rechargeable Li-Ion giving approx. 5hours
- Operating temperature: - 10 to + 55 °C
- Water resistant and protected against any wet weather conditions
- (test: TomTom RIDER was subjected to a sustained jet of water at high pressure from all directions and suffered no harmful effects)
- Bluetooth headset battery Talktime: 10 Hours
- Bluetooth headset battery Standby: 250 Hours
- Memory card (SD card) with software and maps
- USB port and cable for PC connection
- Bluetooth headset included for clear wireless spoken instructions
- Alternative power source: 12V motorbike battery
- Mounting kit (4 pieces) to fit most bikes and scooters