Racing defines the ultimate heights in motorcycle tire performance. So consider the fact that entire generations of modern-day championship-level racers in the USA have known only one name: Dunlop.
Using cutting-edge technology developed in racing slicks used this past season by 2004 AMA Superbike champion Mat Mladin and many other top-level racers, the D208GP-JLB combines one nylon ply, one nylon cut-breaker, plus a Jointless Band-a continuously wound belt of aramid fiber, which is the same material used in bullet-proof vests. This innovative combination of carcass-building techniques creates a tire with revolutionary stability and incredible cornering grip, thanks in part to the larger footprint provided by a flatter profile.
This hybrid construction creates a lighter tire for less unsprung weight, and its zero-growth characteristics yield more consistent performance. This new construction also runs cooler, which allows the use of a softer compound to further enhance grip. In addition, the D208GP-JLB is less affected by heat cycles than the GP-A.
- Next-generation version of Dunlop’s D208GP Supersport tire, developed and manufactured in the U.S.A. to specifically meet the needs of racers and sportbike riders in the United States.
- Now available in soft and medium compounds to let you match tire performance to track conditions.
- Race-tire compound and track-going profile give the D208GP unparalleled grip, excellent drive out of corners, exceptional steering response and superior on-the-track handling.
- Tire construction delivers increased bump absorption for a smooth ride and offers a more "forgiving" nature that allows racers to change lines through corners as needed.
- Jointless Band (JLB) construction reduces tire growth for a cooler running tire and better grip.
- MSRP $237.99
- MSRP $318.99