Transmission:5-speed, wide-ratio w/5th-gear overdrive; hydraulic clutch
Energy:4) 32mm Mikuni® CV carburetors
2013 Star Motorcycle Royal Star Venture S
- This fully loaded luxury touring machine comes with everything serious riders need, including a four-speaker sound system with a Star-branded iPod touch®, a CB radio, intercom system, and AM/FM radio combined with a powerful and smooth V-four engine and front end chrome accents.
- There’s plenty of lockable storage in the form of a 15-gallon trunk and a pair of color-matched 9.3-gallon sidebags; that’s 33.6 gallons total.
- Ergonomically designed bucket-type seats with plush, wraparound passenger backrest for unbeatable long-range comfort.
- Industry’s premier rider support package includes a five-year, unlimited mileage warranty and 24-hour roadside assistance program.
- The Royal Star Venture S gets chrome accents to the front end.
- 79 cubic-inch liquid-cooled, V-four tuned to put out class-leading power — 97hp @ 6000 rpm and maximum torque at 89 ft.-lb. @ 4750 rpm — for incomparable touring performance.
- Four heated 32mm Mikuni carburetors with TPS deliver seamless throttle response and greater power across the entire rev range.
- Compact design, dual-intake system enhances performance without sacrificing fuel tank capacity.
- Large-capacity radiator ensures superior engine cooling for maximum efficiency.
- Single-axis internal counterbalancer reduces engine vibration.
- Wide-ratio, five-speed transmission with 5th-gear overdrive geared for both highway passing power and lower-rev cruising speeds.
- Low-maintenance hydraulic clutch actuation and strong, low-maintenance shaft drive for touring convenience.
- Four-into-two exhaust system puts out a throaty exhaust note and creates a long, low profile that’s easily customizable.
Chassis and Suspension
- High-integrity, single-backbone frame with solid engine mounting and 29-degree caster angle delivers quick, responsive steering and excellent handling.
- Class-leading long wheelbase (67.1-inches) provides exceptional roomy ergonomics for great rider control and comfort.
- Air-adjustable telescopic front fork designed with 29-degree caster angle and 5.5 inches of travel smoothes out the bumps and adjusts for varying load capacities.
- Air-adjustable link-type rear suspension features a vertically mounted single shock with 4.1 inches of travel for outstanding long-distance ride quality.
- Large-diameter front and rear disc brakes with sintered pads provide strong, linear stopping power.
- Wide, fork-mounted fairing, windshield, wind deflectors and frame-mounted lower cowlings offer outstanding weather protection.
- Full-sized floating-type rider and passenger floorboards reduce vibration and are positioned for optimal long-distance comfort.
- Incomparable fit and finish includes flawless paint with extensive chrome and brushed stainless steel accents as well as deep, valanced steel fenders.
- 6.1-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light ensures outstanding long-distance touring range.
- Large, powerful 12V 60/55-watt remote-adjustable halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and cuts a stylish profile.
- Cigarette type DC accessory connector in fairing plus 2-pin DC accessory connector under the seat.
- Ignition switch with integrated steering lock mounted to front of fuel tank for extra convenience.
- Vintage-style console and instrument panel features: digital speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel tripmeter, clock, fuel gauge, cruise control, TPS self-diagnosis, speed sensor, and neutral, high beam, turn signals and low oil-level indicator lights.
- Electronic cruise control switch located on right handlebar controls for ease of use.
- Handlebar-mounted 40-channel CB radio with dual antenna for CB and AM/FM radio.
- Single-point audio control system for AM/FM radio, cassette, and intercom is MP3-compatible and headset-ready. The system also includes a Star-branded iPod touch (8GB) with an iSimple SolutionsTM audio interface by AAMP of America.
- Four-speaker (14 watts per channel) system with automatic, speed-regulated volume control to help hear over wind noise.
- Two-way rider/passenger intercom system.
- Huge, 15-gallon rear trunk with easy, one-touch opener can hold two full-faced helmets and includes a lined interior storage pouch.
- Color-matched hard-shell saddlebags each feature handy, one-touch openers and spacious 9.3-gallon storage with interior pouch.
- 12V 18AH maintenance-free battery ensures easy, reliable starting.
|Engine Type||79-cubic-inch (1294cc) liquid-cooled 70° V-four; DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||79mm x 66mm|
|Fuel Delivery||4) 32mm Mikuni® CV carburetors|
|Ignition TCI||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, wide-ratio w/5th-gear overdrive; hydraulic clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; air-assist, 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; air-assist, 4.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||150/80-16 71H|
|Tires / Rear||150/90B15M/C 74H|
|Seat Height||29.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||6.1 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||39 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||869 lb|
|Warranty||5 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|MSRP*||$20,590 (Charcoal Silver/Raven) Available from September 2012|
Totalmotorcycle ---- "We’ve added plenty of chrome to create the Royal Star Venture S. It’s got the eye-popping style and the smooth performance of a luxury touring bike, with two very appealing added features: a surprisingly low price tag and a 5-year, unlimited mileage warranty."
Autoevolution ---- "The 2013 Royal Star Venture S is equipped with all the nifty accessories: star-branded iPod Touch linked to a 4-speaker audio system, CB and AM/FM radio and intercom, a 12V DC socket and dual additional 2-pin DC connectors. The lockable storage space is huge, as it should be, so you can fit anything you might need for a long bike vacation."
Ultimatemotorcycling ---- "First the space - the Royal Star Venture S features 33.6 gallons of lockable storage: color-matched 9.3-gallon sidebags, and a 15-gallon trunk. These keep everything safe and dry as the riders relax on ergonomically-designed bucket-type seats, the passenger seat featuring a wraparound backrest."
Latest Royal Star Venture news and reviews articles:
Key FeaturesThis fully loaded luxury touring machine comes with everything serious riders need, including a four-speaker sound system with a Star-branded iPod touch®, a CB radio, intercom system, and AM/FM radio combined with a powerful and smooth V-four engine and front end chrome accents.There’s plenty of lockable storage in the form of a 15-gallon trunk and a pair of color-matched 9.3-gallon sidebags; that’s 33.6 gallons total.Ergonomically designed bucket-type seats with plush, wraparound (...)
Yamaha doesn’t make changes just for the sake of doing so. When Yamaha makes changes, they are doing it because they have found something better to offer then what’s already out. For the 2012 Yamaha RS Venture GT, that involves taking the snowmobile’s overall characteristics up a few notches higher.
The new Venture GT is about as comfortable and user-friendly as any snowmobile in the market. On top of that, it’s got some serious performance capabilities too, the highlight of which is the 1,049cc four-stroke, three-cylinder, twin-valve, liquid-cooled engine. With 120 horsepower on tap, the RS Venture GT represents an attractive snowmobile option for performance-minded riders who also demand no less than the ultimate in comfort.
Further adding to the appeal of the RS Venture GT is a suspension set-up that features the company’s new wishbone design front suspension that sets the A-arms more closely together. Yamaha engineers also use high-pressure gas shocks to control the GT’s 8.5" of maximum travel, which is actually a half-inch less than with last season’s non-EPS front end.
For everything that people have said about the Yamaha RS Venture GT, the biggest thing about this snowmobile is that it comes at a pretty reasonable price of just $12,699.
Find out more about the full specifications of the Yamaha RS Venture GT.
Yamaha’s Venture line of snowmobiles are known in the industry for being one of the most popular models in the market today. It can be used for a variety of purposes and its versatility is one of the reasons why the Venture is so popular.
The Yamaha RS Venture comes with natural black colors that mean serious business, but if you’re not a fan of black, you can also choose your favorite color to dress up your snowmobile. The snowmobile also offers spacious accommodations for both the rider and the passenger, featuring raised passenger seating and a plush adjustable backrest. Hand warmers with individual settings for driver and passenger are also part of the package.
The Yamaha RS Venture is powered by an impressive 4-stroke Genesis 973cc engine that works well on a variety of conditions. It doesn’t boast the all-world performance of the more powerful Nytro model, but it does give you the comforts of rider-friendliness usually associated with the Venture line, while also treating you to substantial amounts of power and smoother instant on-starting EFI technology. The throttle of the RS Venture is ultra-responsive, providing the kind of smooth ride that riders always look for in a snowmobile.
The 2012 Venture also offers a rigid chassis that comes courtesy of Yamaha engineering’s Deltabox frame. This chassis was constructed to accept the mid-performance character of this Genesis engine. The front and rear suspensions work with the chassis to provide smooth travel over various quality trails while the double A-arm front end works with 36mm high pressure shocks to control upwards of nine-inches of travel. Meanwhile, the ProComfort rear suspension gives the rider and passenger upwards of 12.4-inches of on-trail bump absorption from the gas shock controlled parallel skid rail.
Find out more about the Yamaha RS Venture after the jump.
In the world of motorcycles, luxury touring bikes are considered top-of-the-line, both for their sophisticated vintage looks and all of their modern technology.
Yamaha’s new Royal Star Venture S offers all these things and more, providing the kind of classic tourer that turns more than just heads wherever it goes.
Everything about the Royal Star Venture S speaks to luxury, including the eye-popping style and the smooth performance capabilities. Combine that with a surprisingly affordable price tag and a 5-year, unlimited mileage warranty, and you’re looking at a bike that can push people to make a purchase without any hitches.
A lot has been said about Yamaha’s long and storied history of building some of the most mouth-watering bikes in the market. Whether it’s an entry-level bike or a luxury tourer, the Japanese motorcycle builder never fails to bring out the goods. And they’ve got a pretty good one in the Royal Star Venture S.
Find out more about the Yamaha Royal Star Venture S after the jump.
Star remains a strong player on the highways with the Royal Star Venture S model, their ultimate tourer that carries on as a 2010 model year without changes, but which clearly stands out thanks to its consecrated features such as the V-four motor and five-star accommodations. The standard Royal Star Venture is stuck in 2009.