🏁 What are Racing games?
Whether you have octane pumping through your veins or a brainpan full of 110-octane racing fuel, you’re sure to find an online racing game that you’ll like here. We have everything from 2D side-scrollers like Renegade Racing to overhead racers like Micro Racer 2 to awesome 3D games like Highway Patrol Showdown and Racing Thunder. Our racing games are perfect for kids and adults alike – you can even play them together!
🏁 Our Favorite Racing Games?
While we love playing games like Need for Speed: Heat and Forza Horizon 4, we also spend a lot of time on the computer. When we’re trying to skip out on working for the man, we have a few of go-to games that you could consider out favorite.
Drag Racer V3 is, hands down, our favorite racing game of all time. Not only do you get to race a number of different cars, but you can even tune them to your liking with various engine upgrades and even nitrous oxide – after all, racing isn’t racing without a go-baby-go button, right? The hard part is timing your gearshifts just right, but that challenge makes the game fun. Be careful, though, you’ll get caught up playing this game and miss your bed time.
Racing Thunder has impressive graphics for a browser game, and it’s a throwback to the oval-racing NASCAR games of last-gen consoles (think Playstation 2 and Xbox 360, for example.) The purpose of the game is quite simple – race around the track and finish in first – but the skill level required to win will take some practice to attain.
Remember those old-school stand-up arcade games with a steering wheel, two pedals, and a top-down camera angle? We used to love those games. Sure, they were pretty challenging, but boy were the fun. The good news is that you can relive those glory years in Micro Racer 2 – this is definitely one you need to check out!
🏁 Fun Facts About Racing Games
- Believe it or not, racing games date all the way back to 1974 when but it wasn’t until the mid-1980s that they started to evolve in different genres and styles. Today, you can find bike racing games, drag racing games, track racing games, and even stunt racing games.
- If you’re impressed by the quality of browser games today, consider yourself lucky – racing games were originally low-resolution, black and white games where the cars looked more like square pixels than actual cars.
- You don’t even have to be a race car driver to be a professional racer. That’s right; e-sports have made it possible to become a professional racer without ever sitting in the seat of a car.
- Research has shown that playing racing games can actually improve your driving skills because of the long-term improvement in reaction time required to place successfully. The most recent study came courtesy of researches at the University of Rochester.
- Racing games can even help improve physical and mental traits like hand-eye coordination, spatial attention, and processing speed.