Bridgestone presented its new ultra fuel-efficient tires
At Mid America Trucking Show, Bridgestone has launched a total tire solution which can save up to 5% on fuel costs and shave up to 29% in total tire wear costs.
Bridgestone presented five new tires in the EcopiaTM line for steer, drive, and trailer positions, and four new tread designs in the Bandag FuelTech line that complement the drive and trailer Ecopia line up.
Both product lines were developed to be used together using specially engineered compounds paired with matching retread patterns which continue low rolling resistance from the new Ecopia tires to the FuelTech retreads while extending casing life.
Scott Damon, vice president, marketing for Bridgestone Commercial Solutions said: “We’ve created a total solution for our customers that didn’t shortchange fuel economy for tread wear or durability. To do that, we added smarter designs and new technology in our Ecopia products, and implemented technologies that extend the life of an Ecopia casing for our Bandag FuelTech products. These changes mean greater fuel savings for our customers that can contribute to a lower cost of ownership over the life of the tires.”
According to Scott Damon, the technologies used to create the new the tires are:
"- Within the tire tread, Bridgestone’s patented NanoPro-Tech polymer technology, available in all new Ecopia tires, helps control particle movement, which reduces energy loss. That translates into improved fuel economy through lower rolling resistance.
- * Its proprietary Fuel Saver Sidewall compound reduces heat generation, which lowers rolling resistance and improves fuel economy.
- * Bridgestone’s new IntelliShape sidewall, found in the M710 Ecopia drive radial and R197 Ecopia trailer tire, contain less bead filler volume, which lowers tire weight, improving fuel economy and conserving natural resources.
- * A new Defense Side Groove feature has been incorporated into the R283 Ecopia steer tire, which creates uniform pressure along the footprint at the shoulder and helps extend tread life.
- * A High Rigidity Tread Pattern was added to all Ecopia and FuelTech designs to extend wear.
- * The patented Waved Belt design in its Greatec Ecopia tires improves durability, contributing to a more retreadable casing, especially when paired with a Bandag FuelTech product. The use of patented Turn-In-Ply technology enhances durability and retreadability over the life of the casing.
- * These features found in Ecopia casings carry through to the retreading side, extending these fuel efficiency benefits while extending the life of the tire."